Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How high in math do I need to go to get a master's degree in psychology so I can become a therapist


How high in math do I need to go to get a master's degree in psychology so I can become a therapist?
I've heard a lot I need Statistics but to get my AA-DTA (transfer degree from a community college) it says I only have to know math 99, intermediate algebra. Do i need like math 112, college level math once i transfer to a 4 year? Is it usually a general graduation requirement for a master's degree in psychology?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
the math to fulfill the general requirement and statistics but stats isn't really hard its a lot of spreadsheet easy stuff.


2
To be a masters level therapist, you really want a Masters in Social Work, not psychology. An MSW is more of a qualification than a MA in Psychology, you can take insurance more easily as an MSW, etc. You're getting ahead of yourself right now. Take the math class your community college requires now. Once you transfer, talk to your advisor and see if you need any more math classes.


3
You can go to the web site of the college that you're transferring to and check the requirements for your major.

0 comments:

Post a Comment