Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bachelor of Information Technology to Masters in Psychology


Bachelor of Information Technology to Masters in Psychology?
Would I be wasting my time if I decided if I wanted to go for a Master of Science in Psychology. The Bachelor I have now is a general computer degree however, this has become more of a hobby than a career. I would like to purse a career in Psychology however I do not know if I would be wasting my time since my bachelors is in computers. I would like to do psychology research or maybe even become a counselor.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You need to shoot for a doctoral degree program in clinical psychology if you want to do counseling. If you just want to do psychology research then you still need to do a doctoral degree but it need not be in clinical psych. Although psych grad programs take people outside of psychology majors, the majority are bio or other scientific majors who come from programs that emphasize research. Hence, your undergrad degree wouldn't really impressive anyone and likely make it difficult to do unless you spend some time doing undergrad work in psych classes first. If you want to do counseling, you may want to consider social work. MSW programs will allow you to counsel and are far shorter and easier to complete than clinical psych programs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment