Friday, November 12, 2010

What kind of practical experience is good for an industrial/organizational psychology master's program


What kind of practical experience is good for an industrial/organizational psychology master's program?
I'm currently working towards my Bachelor's in psychology, and when I graduate I plan on getting my master's in I/O psych. I'm required to do an unpaid practicum before I graduate that is related to my future goals in psychology. I would love to be a "volunteer organizational developer" and all, but that won't work since I don't have any experience in that area. Do you have any ideas?
Psychology - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
a high colonic


2
Your unpaid practicum is also called internship. See if you can get an internship in the Human Relations department of any corporation. If that does not pan out then contact the university you are currently attending and see what businesses they have agreements with, you may be able to find something to gain experience there (not in the exact field you want, but experience counts) Join the Boy/Girl Scouts in some leadership capacity, they are always looking for volunteers and and they are an organization. Plus it would look great on your resume. I have some university friends in the IO field and they managed to get internships in places you would not think to look, such as the Girl Scouts and volunteer Homeless Shelters. If you call these places up, explaining that you are a senior and want to apply your knowledge and gain real life practical experience, I am sure they will jump at the change to have you. And after a few weeks, maybe you can convince them to let you make the jump to the position you REALLY want... unpaid of course. ;->


3
McDonalds or Burger King


4
Try going to Haiti for a day to try and underrstand the people who say they are VooDoo doctors. Try to understand why when the COUNTRY is TEETH GNASHING poor, there is STILL CORRUPTION in government. It's hard! I was there for only a day, and I still cry about it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment