Monday, October 8, 2012

How many years does it take to get a masters in psychology


How many years does it take to get a masters in psychology?
I just asked a question about degrees in psychology. Someone told me that you can become a licensed therapist with a masters in psychology. How many years of schooling after my bachelors will I need to get my masters in psychology?
Psychology - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I think I answered the other question too. After a BA it takes about 2 to 3 years to work through a Master's program. A doctoral degree takes about 4-5. If you are considering what you want to do after completing your undergraduate degree I recommend finding some professionals in your area with varying degrees, and see what their career is like so you can make an informed decision, rather than just relying on what takes the least amount of time.


2
It's 2 years for a Master's in psychology, counseling, social work, or Marriage and family therapy.


3
You'll have to graduate with honours or close to honours with good relationships with your professors to even be considered for a msters program. The programs can anywhere from six months to ten years. They usually take about two years, but that is usually only the case if you study full-time. Masters degrees involve courses, but not always. How long it takes depends on how long it takes you to defend a thesis successfully. The someone who told you that is right by the way. It is possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment