Sunday, January 22, 2012

How many years does it take to get a Ph.D. in Psychology after a Master's degree


How many years does it take to get a Ph.D. in Psychology after a Master's degree?
I know you have to get a Master's, but after that how many years of school do I generally need, residency, and internship? Also, besides those three things do I need to do anything else? I've been told I need to take an exam too.
Psychology - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
What kinda PhD? If you just do a plain research PhD then it takes 3 years. Generally they like some work experience in the field too. I've not heard of anyone needing to take an exam to do a PhD but I suppose it depends on the admissions procedure. You don't necessarily need to have a masters. If you mean a the D Clin Psych. . . well that's a whole different ball game. . . . ETA: i'm answering from the UK


2
You can complete this in 2 years. And you will have to take a state board exam to get certified. From state to state different rules may apply, so researching this is a must also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment