Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Psychology


Psychology?
I have been to 2 different University's. My first year in college I majored in education, but I changed my mind about that. Now I want to do just Psychology and et a masters after my BA. Where can I work with a masters in Psychology?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
The most popular master's degrees lead to counseling positions. In California, you can get a Marriage, Family, Child (MFC) master's degree, subsequently become a practitioner if you pass the appropriate state exams and do an internship. A master's in Social Work (MSW) is perhaps a better choice for counseling, because you can be certified to practice in most states. You can then work in clinics or agencies, or even set up your own private practice. Another option is to obtain a general master's degree in psychology, and then try for a teaching position at a community college. Some research and teaching experience helps to get a position. Another education-related possibility is to obtain a school psychology master's. This provides the educational background to work in a school system as a school psychologist. There are other options, such as research psychology, sport psychology, health psychology, forensic psychology, industrial-organizational psychology, that can lead to job positions if you make the right connections. In my experience, however, the most common work options for those with a master's degree in psychology or a psychology-related field are in the fields of counseling and teaching. Whatever you do, take advantage of opportunities to get applied experience while an undergraduate, and find out first-hand what career options suit you best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment