Sunday, April 15, 2012

Should I get a masters in industrial organizational psychology or master of library science (librarian)


Should I get a masters in industrial organizational psychology or master of library science (librarian)?
Has anyone actually done one of these careers? Does it pay well and is it rewarding? Opinions please! :-)
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Go to apa.org You can read info about I/O careers, including salary. You will make much more money with a graduate degree in I/O...most go on for their Ph.D. to obtain positions with corporations though. It is extremely rewarding. (retired IBM exec mgr/confidential labs/psychology professor)


2
I have my MLIS, and I absolutely love my job. I enjoy helping people find the information that they need. For me, it's the best job in the world. Unfortunately, librarian positions tend to (as a general rule - there are exceptions) be on the lower end of the pay scale. There is also a growing trend in many libraries to hire librarians as part time employees. You can check with a site like www.salary.com to see what librarian and I/O psychology positions are paying in your area. Good luck whatever you decide! Everyone should love what they do! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment